• Structured cabling, installation of total integrated voice and data systems, key systems, networks, and wireless.
• Helps with any additions, removals, changes, upgrades and maintenance to service contracts.
• Installation and maintenance of equipment installations, Central Office equipment including: iron work, AC, transport equipment, and all infrastructures. Occasionally performs outside plant installation.
• Completes assignments given by a Technician III or IV independently and works under supervision of technician levels III and IV. Runs cables, builds ironwork, racking, AC (receptacles in the bays), and mounting of equipment.
Major Responsibilities / Duties
• Ensure the safety, quality, and efficiencies of the installation crew.
• Understands, adheres to, and promotes the Environmental, Health & Safety policies of all Telecommunication standards.
• When required, staging all the equipment and inventorying material for accuracy.
Position Qualifications / Requirements
• Possess a High school or equivalent. Vocational/Technical Business School desired. Think critically and problem solve.
• Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion.
• Good judgment.
• Organizational skills.
• Customer service skills.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Must have color vision and good hearing.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Must possess a valid US Driver’s License
• Use of small hand tools. Prolonged standing.
• Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
• Carrying of loads up and down stairs. Reaching and/or grasping.
• Stooping, kneeling, walking, bending, crawling, and crouching.
• Carrying, pushing and/or pulling.
• Finger and wrist dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
• Heavy physical effort (usually lifting/moving up to 70 pounds).
• Exposure to noisy or dusty conditions.
• Exposure to chemicals and solvents.
• Exposure to mechanical, electrical, and/or other hazards.
• Use of standard office equipment.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Degree of Autonomy
• Works under direct supervision.